The LAB Bar and Cafe is one of the coolest bars / cafes in Kaohsiung. The bar is almost completely open with the majority of seating being outside in the fresh air. The location is great too as it’s right opposite the Love River (Gushan part), so perfect for a stroll before or after a visit. The LAB Bar also does food such as continental breakfast, European lunches, and they appear to specialise in oysters. The bar seems more geared towards cocktails than beers.
Prices: It’s a little bit on the expensive side compared to some Kaohsiung pubs, but you are really paying for the sophisticated atmosphere.
LAB Bar and Cafe - No.1, Minghua 1st Rd, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 807 Tel: 07-559-0858 Sat – Sun: 10:00 – 00:00
Official LAB Facebook Page: – LAB Bar and Cafe
How to get there:
Metro / Underground:
* Take the Red Line to Kaohsiung Arena (R14) and leave via Exit 2
* Cross the Road and walk down Yucheng Road until you get to the River (10 minutes)
* Turn right onto walk down Minghua (2 minutes)
* Very cool and sophisticated atmosphere
* It’s a great place for coffee, milk tea, or juices
* Bagel Bagel 2
* Mercury Bar (5 minute walk)
* Smokey Joe’s
* The Lighthouse Bar and Grill (5 minutes walk)
* Top Hat Tavern (5 minutes walk)
The LAB Bar and Cafe is located in the Kaohsiung Arena area where there is plenty of other stuff to do such as visit The Kaohsiung Arena. There is also a few miles of cycle paths that run along the Love River down to Wufu 4th Road and beyond.